Sunday, May 27, 2012

Almost There!

Well here we are folks! 36 weeks today....only 3 weeks left until D-day! I can't believe it's just about baby time. There is still so much to get done before Brycen arrives. I don't think anyone is ever really prepared for a baby!

I'm finding that these last few weeks of being pregnant are somewhat bittersweet. I dream of the day when I can lay in bed in any position I want and be comfortable, but at the same time I will miss all the little kicks and jabs I get all day. I give a ton of credit to Dennis for sticking by me while I whine and complain non-stop about my back hurting, my feet throbbing, being incredibly uncomfortable and for allowing me to cuddle while Brycen kicks him in the back. Haha. Love that one. I am especially greatful for everything he does for me and our unborn child: giving me glasses of water when I have contractions because he knows that I don't drink enough during the day; reminding me to take my meds because for some reason I can't remember myself; for having the majority (if not all) of the hosue work done when I get home from a long day at work; for loving me more and more the bigger I get- I am truly blessed and I couldn't ask for anything more!!!

In spite of the love/hate relationship I have with my growing belly, here is a picture for your viewing pleasure :) Here I am at 36 weeks and 5 days.





Watching the doggies outside.

The boys are all growing beautifully! Logan and Cole officially wear the same size of clothing. It sure makes dressing them MUCH easier! Haha, not to mention there is no thinking involved when putting clothes away now. Cole is just as smart as Logan was at his age, asking what things are all day long and talking non-stop, babbling away at most everything. He's such a big kid. So big in fact, that we have had to take the bunk beds apart and put them side by side because Cole climbs the ladder and doesn't know how to get down so he cries. I hate to say it, but it's cute going in there watching him hold on for dear life while he is crying and his legs just a shakin'. If he only knew that the ground was a foot away from him, he would probably just climb down. Oh well, they enjoyed having thier beds next to each other last night and for once Cole did not wake up on the floor in front of the door. :)


Mom and the boys during a visit up north!

In other news, I recently accepted two, that's right, TWO nursing jobs!!!! After a year of hunting and searching for the right opportunity it finally came through for me. My first job after the baby will be working at the local camp for the summer (July -August) as a camp nurse. My second job will be working at local Walmarts giving people their flu shots from August to December. I am really excited for both jobs, the camp job especially because of all the kids I will get to see and be around and I'm excited for the flu clinic job because of the independance and money making opportunity if offers.

Dennis has been enjoying (I think) being a stay at home daddy while working a little bit for his step-dad's business of seal-coating parking lots. He's done a couple jobs already and is eager to start working more once the weather cooperates and things get lined up. Lately he's been able to get a bit of fishing in; even took Logan out once and we went as a family this last weekend. It was so cute seeing him get so excited over a stilly fishing pole.

Thursday evening I will find out in a beautifully written email from my college if I got accepted into the RN program for the fall. I can't wait- I want to know NOW!!!! Haha. All in due time. If for some reason I do not get in this year (really competitive candidates this year), I will continue working as an LPN and try again next fall. It stinks I will have to wait a whole year, but then maybe I can take the classes with my LONA! We shall see.

Well, thanks for reading the Boyd update! Next update will probably be the birth of Boyd Baby 3# - Brycen Keith - scheduled for June 12th. Stay tuned!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment